Jeehoon Kang (강지훈)
I’m actively recruiting motivated students of all levels interested in designing and verifying concurrent and parallel systems. If you’re interested, please read this instruction and contact Jeehoon ASAP.
I’m an Assistant Professor at KAIST School of Computing and the Principal Investigator of Concurrency and Parallelism Laboratory. I’m also an Adjunct Faculty at KAIST Graduate School of AI Semiconductor. I received my Ph.D. from Seoul National University under the supervision of Prof. Chung-Kil Hur. I’m designing and verifying concurrent and parallel systems, from microarchitectures to programming languages to algorithms, that greatly improve performance and reduce power consumption, thereby serving as the basis for the upcoming era of massive data processing.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- GitHub: jeehoonkang
- Bibliography: DBLP, Google Scholar
- Place: Rm. 4433, Bldg. E3-1, KAIST (+82-42-350-3578)
- (2019) Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering. Seoul National University (supervisor: Prof. Chung-Kil Hur).
Chief R&D Officer, Furiosa AI, September, 2017 - .
(topic: deep learning accelerator and its compiler)
Intern (Researcher), MPI-SWS, September, 2015 - December, 2015
(topic: relaxed-memory concurrency, advisor: Dr. Derek Dreyer)
Intern (Software Engineer), Google Korea, June, 2008 – August, 2008.
(topic: machine translation)
See the research and publications pages.
See the lectures page.
- Program Committee Chairs
- Program Committee Members
Open Source Contributions
- Crossbeam: a concurrency library in Rust
- Crellvm: a verified credible compilation framework for LLVM
- SepCompCert: verification of separate compilation of CompCert
- iRRAM-Coq: Fearless Verification of Exact Real Arithmetic Programs.
The 1st Workshop on Real Verification (RV 2017).
Awards and Honors
Doctoral Dissertation Award, Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, Seoul National University, 2019.
Distinguished Paper Award, ACM SIGPLAN conference on Programming Languages Design and Implementation (PLDI), 2017.